Food for thought: I didn’t know this:
Some how, Gauri Lankesh murder has been called as assassination and in five minutes after news broke at 8.20 pm, BJP, RSS and Hindutva were nailed. We dont need police or courts to conduct trials. However, how many knew Gauri 24 hours ago.
Our reaction is swift. She was an avowed Modi hater and by corollary Modi must have hated her and given supari.
Now , let us see who all could have reason for bumping her off. Read on, if you want a total picture.
1. P.Lankesh was her father. An actor who started a tabloid called Lankesh Patrike. Lankesh had 3 children- Gauri, Indrajit, Kavitha.
2. When Lankesh passed away, Gauri took over the tabloid. To this Indrajit objected, as he was listed as editor for legal purposes. So he charged Gauri with theft of Computer, Scanner and Printer of the tabloid and moving them out. Gauri charged Indrajit of pulling a gun on her and attempting to kill her.
Finally, after other family members intervened , a compromise was worked out. Lankesh Patrike went to Indrajit. Gauri started her own tabloid “Gauri Lankesh Patrike”.
3. There are nearly 5 dozen defamation suits in various courts filed by people of all political colours. Two suits filed by Prahlad Joshi and another BJP worker recently reached a conclusion under which she was jailed for 6 months each and a fine of Rs10000. She was on bail in this case. Other 58 cases are running.
4. Her tabloid has 50 staffers. It does not get advertisement revenue. It has a lakh of subscribers. How does she run this tabloid? By ferreting out information and making an offer not to publish. This was the point that came out in the two cases decided.
5. She ran a campaign against now notorius RaGa man D.K.Shivkumar.
She became close to Siddu who used her to harness opponents within congi.
6. She was a rationalist, a trait that came from her father. Openly criticising all swamis, muttadhipatis. Siddu is also known to dislike the religious dispensations.
7. She travelled frequently to have dialogues with Naxals in Chickmagalur, Coorg, Shimoga jungles. She wrote about them and their cause. It was only a matter of time that some naxals fell foul of her. She outed them and got them arrested. That is what Siddu said yesterday when he said she helped in getting their surrender. Naxals have no soft corner for traitors.
7. Police officers have been transferred by pliant home ministers at her instance.
Now, let’s consider who all had the motive to murder her.